What's best

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 18:37:52 EST

In a message dated 3/12/99 7:42:00 PM !!!First Boot!!!, lawsonic@global.co.za
writes:

<< Hi List, I have a repair to quote for, a Rippen upright with the bass
 bridge split and capping splitting in sections across the bridge. Question
 is, what's the best type and/or combinations of wood for replacing the
 bridge.

 Brian >>

The best repair for a RIppen is to tie a rope to it, drag it to the edge of a
large, deep body of water, and let nature take it's course.

But seriously, folks.  To repair a bridge, if all the wood is still there, use
either a super glue, or other type of epoxy, and clamp the thing back
together. It will save you a lot of time, and might be the best repair for the
job. (Remember my earlier statement, "if it works....)

Willem Blees