No FAC's, Please.

Robert Scott rscott@wwnet.net
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 14:16:12 -0500

I appreciate the enthusiasm with which some of you have sent
me FAC numbers for me to use in constructing template tuning
files.  However, this is not what is needed.  For each piano
I need to see the inharmonicity numbers for many notes - at
least two note from each octave (except the highest octave).
This data can be acquired using TuneLab, and perhaps the RCT
(I don't know if the RCT can export its inharmonicity readings
to a file).  Please see my web page at

  http://www.wwnet.net/~rscott/template.html

to see what is really needed.  And please don't bore everyone
on the list with these submissions.  Send them directly to
me at rscott@wwnet.net.

I expect the data collection phase of this project to last for
about one month.  I will announce the results here on pianotech.

Thanks.
Bob Scott