Chopin concert in Poland

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 23:42:09 -0700

William J Schlipf wrote:

> John,  Don't know what they're referring to when they say Chopin's latest
> instrument.  Two years ago, when I was at the castle at Gruyere
> Switzerland, I took a picture of chopin's piano.  beautiful walnut case,
> 2 pedaled lyre, 3 rounded fluted legs, but the key cover was closed and
> no mention of the maker.  I could not see the keys either.  There was no
> one around for me to ask more questions.  But I have the pix!!

And I have the brass rails. Thanks Bill, they arrived safely and are in
perfect condition. Now I need to figure out how much to offer you. I
think you asked how much they get for these things and Schaff says that
they duplicate them for $95 a section. So I may base my offer on some
percentage of that, lacking any other comparison. (You actually asked
about APSCO but I'm not aware that they do brass rail duplication.)

I do need to figure out what to do about annealing the metal so that
they don't become another headache. I've been making inquiries and will
post you as soon as I can find out what I'm in for.

Again, many thanks.

Tom
--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT