If it worked, the technique is right! Richard L. Hopkins

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:15:01 EST

In a message dated 3/10/99 4:24:16 AM !!!First Boot!!!, BSimon1234@AOL.COM
writes:

<< <<If it worked, the technique is right. If it doesn't, you made a mistake.

 Would any defenders of this sentiment please raise your hands? ( And, your
 voices in support!)

  I see an awful lot of this attitude in posts on this list. Why? It is not
 only simple-minded, it is extremely unprofessional.  I thought the whole
point
 to being a “professional” anything, was to do that thing right, to do things
 the “correct” way, the “best” way.

Bill, I wrote that remark, and I stand by it. The problem posed had to do with
an old upright that had some pins not holding. If this had been a grand piano
with the same problem, I would not have given that answer.

As in any situation, you do what is necessary to make the piano work, taking
into consideration the age and condition of the piano, the time you have to
make the repairs, and the money available to do the work done. All of these
things will have an influence on how the repair is done.

Willem Blees
St. Louis