Teflon thingees help

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 08:09:28 -0800

As I recall clicking problems were often caused by the factory
reaming one side of a bushing, i.e. pushing the pin out enough
to ream the empty side then pushing the pin back in.  The
swing or gram test was fine because one side was too loose
and the other tight=click down the road.  I have used Don's
reamers with some success but teflon is slow to react
compared to cloth.  I believe you are suppose to roll center
pins between files and put them in pin vises?  Here in
California teflon seems to hold up fairly well.

David Ilvedson