for Sale(money stuff)

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 09:08:06 -0500

A440A@AOL.COM wrote:

>      If it is of any interest, recent prices here in Tennessee have been $25K
> for a completely rebuilt 1919 Mahogany Steinway O,( everything but the
> soundboard, which was really nice),  a 50 year old Baldwin 6' grand( rebuilt
> the same) just went for $16,500.
> I tried to buy a Steinway M(1923) with frozen action, pretty nice case, and a

Interesting Prices,
     The opinions of some on this list indicate that any piano over 40
should have a new soundboard.  Yet these prices aren't far from those
with new boards, atleast in my area.  It makes me wonder if there aren't
some myths regarding new boards that should be discussed.
-Mike Jorgensen