5-minute pitchraise

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 07:54:51 -0500

Orlando,

I still have a Peterson electronic tuner in my car.  When I have a
pitchraise to do, I use it to set the temperament octave (thirteen
strings) somewhat sharp, depending on the flatness of the piano.  I do
no checks, since the strings won't stay exactly where I put them
anyway.  The main thing is to get them close enough so I can do a decent
tuning after the pitchraise -- and to work fast.  With this method I
stripmute the same way I would for tuning, and I follow the same basic
procedure but skip all interval checks.  Works for me.

Yes, I am eager to use the RCT for pitchraises.  I understand it does a
great job.  Just haven't taken the time yet to read the manual!  :-(

Clyde Hollinger