(Fwd) Re: Maathushek Pianos

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:37:04 -0700

Ron,

I have a couple of books which refer to Mathushek: "Pianos and Their
Makers," Alfred Dolge, has an interesting writeup of him; "Old Pianos,"
by N. E. Michel, 1954 has a full-page picture of a circa 1850 cocked-hat
grand piano. The picture clearly shows the very ornate music desk.

I would be glad to send photocopies of the above.

Thomas A. Cole, RPT
Santa Cruz, CA
mailto:tcole@cruzio.com