Damper noise Young Chang

Michiel van Loon mvanloon@xs4all.nl
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 17:16:58 +0100

Ken,
I have seen this in a Schimmel vertical.
The cure is a drop of CA glue on the right spot, without dissambling the
action.

Michiel van Loon
Meppel
The Netherlands
    -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
    Van: PAT A RALPH <KENNETH.GERLER@prodigy.net>
    Aan: PTG Tech Forum <pianotech@ptg.org>
    Datum: donderdag 16 december 1999 16:50
    Onderwerp: Damper noise Young Chang

    Hi List,

    First time I have run across this.

    I have had the metal incert in damper heads rattle when striking keys as
the damper would come to rest when the key was fully depressed.

    But this damper gave a "click" sound when it settled back against the
strings.  It sounded like a hammer flange click and took me a while to
locate it.

    Ken Gerler.