pianotech-digest V1997 #2247

Mark Wisner MWisner@yamaha.com
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:31:23 -0800

"Thanks to Joe & David for their suggestions. Unfortunately the P2 is on a piano truck so tilting would be a bit precarious ... I'll go wrestle withit this afternoon. I'd been told that Yamaha had a wrench to grip the bolt head when the piano is vertical ... but no details on availablity of the tool, etc."
The tool you are referring to is called a muffler bolt wrench, and we haven't stocked it for some time now.  A short, thin wall socket (8mm, if memory serves me correctly) and wrench will work fine.

Mark Wisner
Piano Service
Yamaha Corporation
mwisner@yamaha.com