Xmas tunings

Wed, 08 Dec 1999 06:26:51 -0600

At 04:20 12/08/1999 -0600, I pondered:
>Marcel,
>At 22:05 12/7/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>Hi List!
>
>>I wonder if you like it as much as I do...
>
>I wonder if you're tempted to just put the lid up on the long stick without
>first removing anything?

I believe there was a similar thread some time ago, and sometime I might
peruse the archives, but when the customer is at home, I always volunteer
to remove the "non-breakable" stuff.  Breaking one thing is  all it takes
to cure you of wanting to clear everything.  (BTW, I was able to repair the
one thing I _did_ drop.)

While said customer is removing the  other stuff I'll make little remarks
like, "Ooh,  I'd hate to drop that." or "Gee, that would make a lot of
noise if you dropped it, wouldn't it?", or "That would make a big dent in
the floor, wouldn't it?", or "These plants must really like the music you
play, they're doing so well here.", or "Oops, looks like the maid missed a
spot."  Caveat: Some of these are reserved for customers I know real well...

When I hear that the customer will not be at home, I remind them to clear
off the top, or I wouldn't feel responsible if the unthinkable happens...

Last time I said that,  I arrived to find not only the piano (upright)
cleared off, but the lid open and music rack/top panel removed!
 YMMV

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT - mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu

Why was the piano invented?
...   So the musician would have a place to put his beer.