Dummy weights (was Re: Touchweight)

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 23:25:29 -0500

>...the fact there are four contact points versus two with the nails.
>Keith McGavern

Correction and in retrospect:
There are eight Skotch contact points per weight, as I started doing a
releveling job today.

I can see that what I'm doing appears slower than what Ed and Diane
mentioned, but I feel good about the process.  I have always been more
methodical about some areas of piano work than others, basically not
concerned with time, but with the experience.

I attempt to plan most of the work I do without time pressure.  That allows
me the opportunity to be somewhat unconventional in certain areas causing
others to sometime question how I can make a living.  I have very few
demands made upon me, and the ones that are made, I meet.

I guess making a living has not been a much of a priority for me since the
very late sixties.

Learning how to live, however, has, and I'm still very much a beginner in
that department.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731