S&S alignment

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 22:11:00 EDT

In a message dated 8/28/1999 9:45:18 PM, ilvey@jps.net writes:

<<" I may be missing something here, but I am getting increasingly more
frustrated as I try to get this piano lined up right. Has anyone run into
this kind of situation before on a Steinway. ">>

 Ken;
   Since you say the piano has all original parts we can 'probably' leave out
the decal as a consideration :-).............

  Moving the entire stack 'probably' will not gain very much but it might be
worth a try.  From your description it sounds as if the frame rest/stop block
needs to be adjusted. S&S has occasionally shown this problem, but usually it
happens when someone tries to "get by" on a regulation with the bare minimum
and shifts everything to the left , or toward the bass end. This will show up
as the symptoms you describe.
  As someone else has mentioned you 'really need to know' where the
underlevers meet the end of the keys 'before' doing much with this thingee.
If the underlever marks are toward the treble side of the key, i.e., almost
on the edge of the key, than working with the stop/rest block should solve
your problem.
   It would be helpful to us in cyber land to know the position of the string
line(s) on the hammers in the bass/agraffe section also.
Jim Bryant (FL)