S&S alignment

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 18:34:51 -0700

>From the information given:  capstans mis-aligned to
right/treble side of wippens, wippens mis-aligned to right/treble
side of knuckles and hammers mis-aligned to the left/bass of
strings, moving the stack will solve a couple of things...align
wippens to capstans, i.e. capstans stay where they are and
wippens move towards the treble and over capstans into better
alignment.  Also moves the hammers towards the treble and
into better alignment with strings.  Hopefully a small
movement of the stack will still allow some alignment of the
hammers more to the right and under the strings and thus into
better alignment with the repetition lever.  Granted this is
highly unusual an moot if there is no space between the
brackets and the keys.

David Ilvedson, RPT

> Moving the stack is not going to solve your problem, only make it worse.
> Either the strings must be moved, or the action must be repositioned under
> the strings.  Check the dimples in the damper lift felts on the back of the
> keys for more clues as to position of the damper action and/or alignment.
>
> Frank Weston

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA
ilvey@jps.net