decals, slight tangent

Tunethepno@AOL.COM Tunethepno@AOL.COM
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:38:53 EDT

    I have seen 3 or 4 console pianos with bogus fallboard labeling, but it
was so obvious that even the owners of the pianos knew it. However, I went to
investigate complaints about a Baldwin grand, and after a brief inspection
had to inform the owners that some refinisher had put a Baldwin decal on some
generic grand with nothing on the frame or anywhere else to indicate who
built the piano. I told them to see if they could find the refinisher if they
wanted to pursue the matter further.
    As a personal observation, there is no business that the unscrupulous
can't twist enough to make thing difficult for the honest, and there is no
business that can't be made infuriatingly more complicated by lawyers. I
don't necessarily equate the two categories, but .... there it is.
John S.