decals

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 22:01:50 +0200

JIMRPT@AOL.COM wrote:

> In a message dated 8/26/1999 2:45:15 PM, lawsonic@global.co.za writes:
>
> << There is nothing in the rules that say you cant document that it was
> > origionally built by Steinway to add to its saleability, so whats the
> problem >>
>
> Richard;
>  As a matter of fact there is a law against the 'intentional' mislabeling of
> items intended for resale in this country. Any label other than S&S, on a S&S
> piano, would be mislabeling on it's face.
> Jim Bryant (FL)

huh ??? er... did I say anything about that ?? I simply stated that there is
nothing in the rules that states you can not document that a Steinway piano,
origionally built by Steinway, was indeed origionally built by them. Regardless
of what the rebuilder does to alter the piano. Did you misunderstand ?? If
Steinway forbids "non-authorized rebuilders" from re-naming the piano Steinway by
denying them access to Decals, etc., then no law is broken. Further there is
absolutly no law preventing anyone from applying there own logo on a rebuilt
piano providing that logo clearly states "Rebuilt by" as part of the Logo.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.