Dummy weights (was Re: Touchweight)

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 09:18:21 -0500

>(Jim Harvey) Yo Keith! I like your variation of a theme, but am failing to
>get a
>worthwhile mental impression. The Skotch joiners have dangerously sharp
>points compared to a nail. Is this what makes them superior?

That, and the fact there are four contact points versus two with the nails.

>What about key splitting?

Could occur on narrow keys if someone is reckless.

After each use I check and realign any Skotch joiner point that is astray.
It doesn't take much to locate them securely in the keyarm, and they don't
fall off or wobble.

Keith McGavern
kam544@flash.net
Registered Piano Technician