Dummy weights (was Re: Touchweight)

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 08:32:41 -0400

Hi Jim,

I use but hate the nail type weights.  I don't like putting holes in
keys, they have to be hammered in and that makes them squish wider,
they fall off, rub against each other and the treble is too heavy and
the bass is too light because of the weights in the front of the keys.

The "best" solution I have heard, but not seen, is a set of damper
lever type weights that sounds easy except for the different spacings
of the action breaks.

I can see the Whurlie idea working if one uses BIG washers or fender
washers.  How to keep them upright?

Be well, friend!

		Newton