Mail Undeliverable: Failure Detected

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 07:39:58 -0400

Could not send message to USER: jennfee
Reason for Mail Failure below:

Message not Delivered.  Recipient's Mailbox Over Quota.

BOYINGTONR@AOL.COM wrote:

> Have you ever considered placing the mics away from the piano?  This is more
> akin to the way we hear the piano rather than inside.

PBS did a report about a week ago about the Philadelphia Orchestra beginning to
use a new but old recording technique.  They will use only two microphones
suspended away from the orchestra with one facing 90 degrees to the other.
Typical recent recording techniques use many microphones placed within an
orchestra and engineers will often "feature" certain instruments as they see
fit altering the actual blend an audience would hear.  Additionally, every
little breath and other noise a musician makes is not picked up.  Perhaps
recent criticisms of modern recording techniques will help get microphones out
of pianos also.

-Mike Jorgensen