Touchweight

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 21:01:23 EDT

In a message dated 8/22/99 5:26:55 PM !!!First Boot!!!, ted@brevard.net
writes:

<< However, when I
 returned the action to the piano and secured the cheek blocks some of the
 hammers failed to go into check on a light blow.   They just hung there in
 about drop position.  This would definitely be felt as a heavy touch.  This
 action rests on its rails; it does not have glides.  To correct this I
 added a little more key dip and that took care of the problem.  I guess
 this is a good example where bench regulation isn't always the most
 accurate method.

 Ted Simmons >>

Did you, by chance, check the damper lift and the damper up stop rail. If the
dampers are lifting too early, and/or if the up stop rail is preventing the
damper from going all the up, then the action will feel heavy.

Willem Blees