Samick G5 7' and V-pro

Mark Bolsius markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:00:32 +1000

Hi Roger (Jolly),

I'm just catching up with my pianotech backlog after being in the bush for a
few days, now....

You stated-
"The instrument so say had Renner parts to start with, but I would question
the shanks since they were make of maple."

Renner actually do make maple shanks......I just suspect that you guys don't
see them in US/Canada.
Although I'm sure that RennerUSA could supply them if asked....

Call me a pedant.....

Thanks also for your response on the V-Pro discussion, I'm not sure I'm
convinced.......I have been led to believe (and stand to be corrected that
slower cooling means that the skin of the cast iron is softer compared to
the sand cast stuff......comments?

BTW it was great meeting you in KC too, maybe we'll get the chance to share
another
drink and some shop talk again at a PTG Convention. You guys are always
welcome "down under" if you get here....make contact!!

Cheers
Mark Bolsius
Bolsius Piano Services
Canberra Australia
(Renner distributor for Australia......... among other things)