pianotech-digest V1997 #1919

Mark Wisner MWisner@yamaha.com
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 10:33:00 -0700

"Easily enough verified. Just procure four, or more, of each model of Yamaha
and replace the V-Pro plates of half of each (the bigger the sampling, the
more definite the results) with traditional sand cast plates and listen
carefully to the results. For a mere quarter of a million dollars or so, you
could (maybe) lay the matter to rest. You could be the first, and the
industry would be (figuratively) in your debt."

The Yamaha CF3S (9') does not have a "V-PRO" plate, whereas all the other grands (and uprights) do.  My question is: Do those techs servicing CF3S's find the same sound quality being attributed to the plate in both CF3S's and all other Yamaha grands?  I already have an opinion, I'm just being curious, I guess.

Mark Wisner
Yamaha