Steinway underlever spring tension

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 06:48:50 -0500

I will do as Ed mentioned leaving the springs just barely sitting in the
slot.  I did finally find the archive info. After getting one like I like it
I may use a gram scale to get them consistent, but I don't think this will
be rocket science like I thought.  Thanks to all that responded.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Lance Lafargue
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 1999 6:33 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: RE: Steinway underlever spring tension

Thanks Jon...Next time, though.  I'm overdue here, the customer is more than
anxious and I am late and over budget on both parts and time put in.  I've
got to make this work.  I will look into back actions now that I've seen the
presentation, but it has to be on the next action.  Thanks again.

P. S.  Can you tell me why the tabs in particular are such an improvement?
I'm wondering what this one was like in 1913.