Doherty Player

Terry Beckingham beckingt@mb.sympatico.ca
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 18:32:26 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Gang,

I had the fortune (or misfortune) to tune a old Doherty player piano today
(vintage 1927-1930). The player mechanism works, but it is very difficult to
pump the pedals. One has to brace both hands under the keyboard to keep from
falling over backwards while pumping the pedals.

I have never worked on a player piano. I cannot see any name on the player
mechanism, so I don't know the manufacturer. Does anyone have any ideas as
to what could be causing this problem? It pumps easily when rewinding the rolls.

Thanks in advance

Terry Beckingham
Associate member
Manitoba Chapter