Piano Plates by HS CNC milling.

Del Gittinger delgit@acc-net.com
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 17:24:10 -0400

I love it.  Ten minute setup. Four minute tuning (including scale =
analysis). Five minute pack up.  Five minutes to collect check and chat =
with owner.  24 minutes and I'm outa-there - make that 30 minutes (I =
wouldn't want to short change on the chatting).  Let's see, hum......... =
8 pianos a day at $$$$$$.  I could retire in 10 years and sell the =
machine at a profit.

Let me know when this machine goes on the market.

Del Gittinger, RPT
Del's Music Studio, Marion, OH
Piano Tuning & Service
Electronic Instrument repairs including organs
delgit@acc-net.com

Orignal message

<<<It is possible, though economically unlikely for the foreseeable =
future,  to=20
build a piano, every part of which is made to a thousandth of an inch,=20
including the rim, soundboard and plate. You could slip a perfectly =
regulated=20
action out on one piano and into another and it would need no touch-up=20
regulation.

The whole piano to a thousandth of an inch, never.  Just the plate, its=20
supports and the bridges in relation to the plate, - why not?

(Of course you must realize that the tuning of this piano will be done=20
perfectly in 4 minutes by a  multi-armed robot with a positronic SAT =
brain,=20
and we will just buy one and chauffeur it around.) >>>>>>

Bill Simon
Phoenix