stability question

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 17:03:38 -0700

Wimblees@AOL.COM wrote:

>     The piano is not in ther best location: treble end  is mere
>  inches from a heating vent (forced air heat),

I would insist they move piano, or close off heat vent.

I once had a Lawyer who designed & built his dream house,
The three story cathedral window and entire living room
revolved around the centerpiece, a white baby grand piano.
He was very serious about this, everything was white to match
the piano, the leather couches, tables, shelves, picture frames.
Naturally no curtains on the cathedral windows surrounding the
piano, sun beating down upon it.A ceiling fan directly above
the piano moved air from the only heat source in the room,
three forced air vents(one for each window) directly under
the piano.

 It was an exercise in diplomacy.
 He eventually moved it.

You don't leave meat out of the fridge,
 leave your laptop computer outside in the rain.
or wear a tuxedo to paint the kids room.
People need to learn that pianos just don't go over
forced air vents.
Don't be shy to tell them to move it.

                                          Dave Renaud
 RPT