More on Petrof

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 18:41:36 EDT

<< It had a very pleasant sound.  The scaling was very good and I could hear
the
 necessary intervals when I tuned.  The action regulation was acceptable.
 However the torque in the tuning pins was inconsistent, some very mushy, and
 extremely loose in the bass.  I found one key button reversed.  The
polyester
 finish was very good, but the interior rim apparantly had no finish on it
and
 somewhat unsightly.  The was a sharp buzz in some of the notes but she told
 me she moved the piano and then noticed the problem.  I believe they are
 sympathetic buzzes.  Other than the pinblock, the rest of the structure is
 sound.

 The serial # is 462272 which is higher than what I have in my Pierce Atlas.
 She believes it is around 8 yrs. old.  Maybe you can help me with the year.
 Giving the condition of the piano for that vintage, I would rate it very
poor.

 Dave Peake, RPT >>

The serial # indicates the piano was made about 10 eyars ago. As I have
indicated previously, Petrof admits its earlier pianos were not very good. I
believe the pianos made within the last 3 or 4 years show a considerable
improvement, with the ones made in just the last year to be the best of all.

Willem Blees