V-Pro discussion

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 23:47:30 -0500 (CDT)

>Myself, I intend to bypass all of that and make steel plates.
>
>Del

Well, you gotta admit, I showed uncommon restraint. I let that one simmer
and age for a whole day before I said anything. Since no one else bit, I'll
take the plunge. What the heck, someone has to. You might guess, this
doesn't really surprise me all that much, given your previous posts about
the obscene cost in both money and hassle to get geared up for casting iron
plates. I can also see the higher tensile strength of steel, and the
relative ease of in-house fabrication appealing to you. (You may end up with
the only full time plate welder in captivity) I also assume you wouldn't
have mentioned it if you didn't already have the press release all worked up
in the event that some clown like myself actually questioned you about it,
so... Say there, Del, tell us about your steel plate design. <G> Is it a
flat plane sort of thing, set high at the rim to clear the board crown, or
is it crown conformed to some degree? Welded on struts similar in
configuration to the cast plates, or a torsion box sort of approach that we
wouldn't find all that familiar, like an egg carton?

 Ron N