Piano Technician Position

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 20:53:46 -0700

JIMRPT@AOL.COM wrote:

> and no I wouldn't suggest Binghamton for you :-)

Let me say here and now that I'm willing to go if I get the same
hardship pay I got in Saudi Arabia.

> <<"Much better to live hand to mouth until one develops the skills.">>
> Well according to you that is just what this position offers!!
> BUT Paul don't forget the premise I stated of "".....but whose skills are
> average-to better.......""  What better setting to get more experience to
> build upon already, presumably, adequate skills than a university where the
> work is crying to be done and rebuilds are waiting to be done and to learn
> with at the same time???

Do you really think the university is willing to take someone who will
learn on the job experimenting with their pianos?  That could turn out
to be more expensive than hiring someone who already has the skills.
More likely they have high expectations and will be dissatisfied,
wrecking the career of the poor dolt who takes the job.

I just think we deserve better and are constantly selling ourselves
short.  There's no reason we have to be the lowest of the low among
skilled trades.

> Probably shouldn't ask y'all for references though huh?

> Jim Bryant (FL)

Why not?  I'll be glad to offer a hand...a foot, even.

Paul S. Larudee, RPT
Richmond, CA