Thank You Jeannie Grassi

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 19:34:10 EDT

Thank you Jeannie Grassi...

...for publishing my letter and the two other HT related articles in the PTG
Journal.  Those of us interested in the HT's had noticed a very long, maybe
10 year period when virtually nothing was ever written about HT practices.

I hope more articles and more discussions in the Journal and on the Pianotech
List will help to normalize people's perceptions about the use of what should
really be considered *advanced tuning practices*, over and beyond the usual
standards, not historical or experimental curiosities.

Owen's article clarified and supported ideas I have had about octave
stretching and that I have tried to relate to other people.  Now I will feel
more confident in what I have to say about how octave stretching can relate
to the use of non-Equal temperaments based entirely on an undeniably true
perception that to my knowledge, has never before been published.

The article reprint about a musician's perspective of HT's was very timely
and important as well.

Keep it up, The August issue is a truly great as have been each and every
issue that you and Steve Brady have collaborated on.  Skip Becker's series
was as valuable and insightful as it was entertaining.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison Chapter