jack center pin bushing

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 22:19:34 -0300

Hi Kieth,
I have had a few 70's vintage, heavy usage units, small grands. I had to repin
a few hammer flanges that had siezed up. It almost looked like the plating had
worn of the pin, as there was some black residue.
I do find as a rule that the Yamaha is usually troublefree. Except for the
older uprights with the butt plates, which are ok if you service them
properly.
I don't know if Protek would have been a permanent repair for the flange with
the black residue. That is why I chose to repin.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.