more bearing lubricants

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:15:32 -0500

You can get Breakfree CLP from a place called Cheaper Than Dirt.  Lot of
stuff like army surplus, etc. from here as well.  It costs $4.97 for a 4 oz.
bottle.  The cat number is CLN-175.   Tele # is 1-888-625-3848.  Website is
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com.  Get a catalog--lots of neat stuff !

John Formsma

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Carman Gentile
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 1999 10:13 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: more bearing lubricants

 I am soliciting more advice on bearing lubricants.   Tuning is less of
a struggle when I routinely lube the bearings before every tuning on
every piano.   I do not limit it to just rusty strings, but all pianos.
"Joy's Rust-Solv" works well for all pianos but the smell is too strong
for most of my clients.

  I am still searching for a LOW ODOR lubricant that is safe for piano
strings to be used routinely.

   Have not found "Breakfree CLF" and would like to hear from those
who've used it.

Mr. Carman Gentile RPT