Anti-trust laws (was piano tech position)

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:39:20 -0500

Anti-trust laws do not apply here.  This is an advertisement for a third party
position just as if it appeared in the newspaper.  On the other hand it would be
illegal if we were discussing what our personal fees are and what we thought they
should be as compared to the competition.  For example if we agreed on a specific
price of what we will charge for a tuning we would could be in BIG trouble if word
got out.  On the other hand some general discussion on how we might calculate fees
for rebuilding work is acceptable because every case is different and it is
impossible to set a specific price.  Casual person to person "shop talk" is also
not enforceable, (i.e. you come over to my house and the conversation wanders into
what the locals are charging over dinner).

Rob Goodale, RPT