WD-50

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 08:06:59 -0400

WD-40 is a petroleum product composed of surfactants, solvents and 1/3
light machine oil.  It can be used as you describe and may well help
the situation butt would prefer a very little amount of "Liquid
Wrench" applied with an artists brush to limit the area of
application.

The problem with WD-40 is that it most often comes as a spray can.  I
have a gallon of the stuff in an unpressurized can that I prefer to
apply with a syringe.

Applying anything that cannot be removed should be done knowledgeable,
discretely and sparingly.

		Newton