trip to WVU

Albert Walter Thomas athomas642@mindspring.com
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:22:43 -0500

Hello list:
    To further explain Jaume's educational combination, the Doctor of
Musical Arts program is the performing-artist's version of the PhD. program.
It is geared to the actual concert-artist-practical high-level experience,
rather to the advancement of a more-theoretical knowledge, although it
certainly includes a tremendous amount of that advancement as well.  At the
same time, he is pursuing a sort of advancing-apprenticeship in
tuner-technician skills.  My hat's off to him!

Albert Thomas
Pianist and tuner-technician
Auburn University