New Petrof 52" upright"

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 18:38:12 -0600

>...So in defense of Ed T. Be carefull putting out 9 grand for a Petrof.
>
>Richard Brekne
>I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
>Bergen, Norway

Thank you for your viewpoint on this particular brand, Richard, as I have
no practical experience with this maker.  Though I must state, there have
been some excellent reports from owners of Petrof pianos on the newsgroup
rmmp and their complete satisfaction with said brand.

On the other hand I am completely aware of the quality that exist in Yamaha
pianos as I service many, but, at the same time, there are persons on rmmp
who report dislikes for the Yamaha pianos as compared to other makes.  Go
figure.  I certainly can't.  This obviously reflects that saying,
"Different strokes for different folks."

What the heck.  These days, it's very difficult to make judgements in any
given situation, let alone generic ones.  And to top that off, it's really
just another viewpoint.  Who to believe?!

As part of your post so aptly put, "...Be careful...", which I will take to
heart.

Keith McGavern
kam544@flash.net
Registered Piano Technician