Smith-Coleman/QUESTION

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 17:43:00 -0600

>...I often am able to erase a falsebeat by placing one of the trichords
>strings in a place my machine would NEVER tell me to go.  And I get my
>cleanest, most sustaining unisons when I place one of the three strings by
>aural means along with the two others that stopped the lights on my SAT.
>Others? Thoughts?
>Regards,
>Ed

Ditto, Ed.  And other weirdnesses I experience along this theme.

Sometimes I can make a unison so perfect by stopping the lights for all
three strings of a unison, and it just becomes dead, man, absolutely no
sustain.  So I detune one of the strings where the machine would NEVER tell
me to go to make the note blend in with its neighbors.

And then there are those unisons that neither my hearing and/or any machine
can help me make it sound like its in tune.  *Ugh* (couldn't find that in
the dictionary) to those times.

Keith McGavern
kam544@flash.net
Registered Piano Technician