What am I missing?

Kwkeys@AOL.COM Kwkeys@AOL.COM
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 17:25:00 EDT

If you do not have hard action felts or leathers, I would check the whip
center pins for looseness. I have seen some Samick produced actions that
experience this. The best way to tell if is the culprit is to determine if
this noise is present only on whips without the whip assist spring. The
spring will cause additional pressure on the center pin that will mask the
noise.

There are, of course, other causes but I would try this first for the
condition that you have described. The recommended cure is to re-pin whcih is
covered by the Baldwin warranty.

Kent Webb