asking for information

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Sat, 07 Aug 1999 13:16:47 -0700

=?iso-8859-1?Q?silvia_padr=F3n?= wrote:

> I am Silvia Padrón, a Spanish translator.
> I am writing to you to ask you for som information.
> I have to translate a book about pianos--their history, parts,
> tuning...--from English to Spanish.
> I would like to know if you could send me any information about
> anything
> related to pianos (pianofortes), in Spanish if possible, with the
> specific
> piano terminology. It would be very useful to me.
> You can contact me by e-mail or post. This is my address:
>
> Silvia Padrón
> Illa de Tambo, 102
> Boa Vista - Poio
> 36005 Pontevedra
> SPAIN
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Silvia Padrón
> atalaya5@teleline.es

Silvia,

I participate in a program called Send a Piana to Havana.  Piano
technicians from the U.S. and other countries volunteer their services
in Cuba.  we would be very interested in whatever resources you may find
concerning the translation of piano terminology.  In addition, there are
some of us who work in Spanish speaking communities who might also find
it useful.  Please share with us anythng you find that might prove
useful.

Paul S. Larudee, RPT
Richmond, CA
larudee@pacbell.net