Today's comics

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 09:52:00 -0600

John Gunderson <jgunderson@monmouth.com> wrote:
>John,  so long as you are not profitting or in anyway taking profit from
>(damaging) the owner of the copyright by your action of copying the comic, I
>don't think that there is a lot they can do to you (mind you I am not
>commenting directly to legality and I am not an attorney)(thank heavens).  Go
>ahead and scan.

WRONG!

Just go to the site posted earlier and read the fine print at the bottom of
Frank and Ernest.  You can be certain any syndicated comics that are on the
internet for one's viewing pleasure and/or entertainment, someone is paying
for them to be there.

To publish such information without going through the appropriate channels
could be very hazardous to one's financial nest egg.  Of course, if that is
a non-issue, one can always feel free to mess with someone else's property
without permission and find if the owners really care or not.

Myself, what little nest egg I have, I'd like to keep.  ;-)

Keith McGavern
kam544@flash.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731