yamaha

Mark Bolsius markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Sat, 07 Aug 1999 13:03:31 +1000

G'day Les,

The broken springs seem suspiciously like what I've seen in several "mouse
affected" pianos. My theory is that the mice lick everything to see if it's
edible and the saliva eventually corrodes the metals that they have tasted.
The strings could also be affected by them too, they like urinating on them
for some reason. I've had several pianos in my shop for restrings and action
work resulting from mice. Check the felts for nibbles as well. If they
didn't eat much or stay long, there may not be too much other evidence
(droppings)

If theres lots of normal-mouse-type-food for them at the time of their visit
they seem to taste test everything and leave because the other stuff is
tastier, if there's a drought however, the piano gets a real going over!

Just a thought

Cheers
Mark Bolsius
Bolsius Piano Services