yamaha

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart@juno.com
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 18:09:27 -0500

Is Steve Pearson still with Yamaha?     I sent a message to him at
Yamaha.com, and it came back as undeliverable?

So, I'll pose my question here.

Yesterday, opening a 3-year old Yamaha P22, I discovered someone had
"spilled" something in the piano. Wound strings had large sections of
green on them, and regular strings, lots of rust.

Strange thing is that several jack springs were broken, the broken ends
having turned black, I suppose, from corrosion.

I suggested to the school district they might want to replace the whole
set of springs, since whatever it was had been spilled over the entire
set of strings, and I'd be concerned about other springs breaking.  This
poor thing will have to be restrung one of these days. Pretty sad.  I did
have the smarts to get the band director and show him what was going on.

	The springs seem to be brass.  Replace them with Yamaha springs, I
suspect. But they're glued in, and I wonder how one gets the glue to
release the old ones.

Any advice?

Thanks

les bartlett