Stupid Things (reply)

Fri, 06 Aug 1999 12:28:25 -0500

Many moons ago, I was called to tune at a recording studio about an hour
away from home.  In those days I carried everything around in the trunk of
my car, and since I was usually the only one driving it, I assumed that
everything was where it should be.

Wrong.

When I got to the studio I opened the trunk to discover, and remember, that
I'd taken my tuning tools into my apartment to clean out accumulated
detritus and not taken them back out to the car.  Duh.....

Fortunately, I had my other tool boxes there and found the old tuning
hammer I use for restringing, one wedge and a tuning fork.  Just like
tuning in the dark, I was really forced to concentrate since I had to tune
the entire unison of each  temperament note/octave before doing the next.
(BTW, it was a M&H AA.)

I now try to always have my tools in view before I leave for a tuning.

Probably low on the Tremper scale since I was a newbie, huh?

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician 	mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College				(319)-387-1204
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

Early to rise, and early to bed,