Spinet Keys

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 06 Aug 1999 11:06:38 -0600

Hi Arthur,
              Glue the split out pieces together with thin CA glue and lightly
clamp with a spring clamp use a tuning mute to prevent the yoke from pinching
together.
Once dry 10 to 15min, glue a piece of veneer over the crack to give the joint
some added strength, sand down the veneer as required.
Roger

At 12:28 AM 06/08/99 -0400, you wrote:

> Dear List:
>
> I have a spinet repair of six keys. The keys are broken at the ends where
the
> drop wire
> and wooden button set. The wood has broken off the sides of the keys and the
> button
> and drop wire slide out. Any suggestion on the repair would be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance.
> Arthur

Roger Jolly
Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre