Stupid Things! (Reply)

dempsey@MARSHALL.EDU dempsey@MARSHALL.EDU
Fri, 06 Aug 1999 09:16:35 -0400 (EDT)

Well, We can all tell that my buddy Fred Tremper is retired.... 11 posts
in my box today alone (big, big grin :-). Fred, this has to score a 10 on
your Stupidity Index.

In my very early years, one one of my first pinblock replacements, I came
up with the genious idea of using the block being replaced as a drill
guide to drill the new one. Clamping carefully the old block to the new I
ran the bit through the old holes into the the new wood, exactly
duplicating both the angle and location (ha ha ha!). Of course the top of
the new holes were exactly 7 degrees (or whatever) foreward of where they
should have been. Imagine the cursing when I put the new block in position
under the plate flange and found that none of the holes were showing.
Jeez!

Paul E. Dempsey, RPT
Marshall University
Huntington, WV