Stupid

Tom Dickson td_tuner@hotmail.com
Thu, 05 Aug 1999 23:28:26 PDT

Hi, list!

   Although I have posted a few times to the list, I consider myself mostly
lurker.

   I appreciate the candor being demonstated by the pros I see on the list
on a regular basis.

   As a relative newby in the trade, I know I've made several stupid
mistakes ( not to mention the ones I haven't even realized yet ).  Anyway,
one I do recall vividly involves replacing casters.

    In a seniors' center I got the job to do a number of repairs on their
piano, as well as putting in new casters.  I arrived on site and immediately
got my piano tipper in place to tip the piano and begin the caster work.  I
was about three-quarters of the way through the tipping when I noticed water
all over the floor around the piano!  The folks had used the old idea of
putting a jar of water in the bottom of the piano to help to maintain an
even humidity in the piano.  Fortunately, I was able to quickly dry up the
spill and avoid any serious damage.

     However, it was a great lesson.  I always check over the entire piano
before doing any work, now.  I learned not to assume anything!

     Thanks to all who faithfully and patiently share so much knowledge on
this list.  I really appreciate it, as I am sure many others also do!

                                                Sincerely,
                                                  Tom Dickson
                                                  Regina, SK, Canada