Old Knabe Pinblocks

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 00:33:37 -0500 (CDT)

 Some blocks such as the one you have described just 'might' be a
>candidate for plugs, in my opinion, don't just summarily dimiss the thingees
>out of hand.
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Agreed. I did an old Knabe this year with such a block. I was on a very
tight deadline, and decided that in this case it was safer to just put in
plugs than to guess wrong and chase the pin block fit for who knows how
long. Being an open face block, I installed plugs and skinned it with a new
veneer for pretty. Given more time, I would have just replaced the block,
but the plugs seem to have worked just fine under the circumstances.

Well, then again, having just read your last post about delamination, I'd
chisel, saw, or otherwise whack out the old block and re-install a new one
in a more conventional manner without worrying about mortising it into the
case sides.

 Ron N