Stupid Stuff

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 19:39:00 -0600

And I really mean a winner when it comes to "stupid".  I was restringing
a Weber grand several years ago.  The block was shot so I had to install
a new one.   Ordered the pinblock material ( enough for ONE block only )
traced the pattern onto the block for a rough cut.  The first cut I made
with my bandsaw was the angled cut that goes against the lip on the
bottom of the plate.  Only after that cut was made did I discover that I
had cut the bevel exactly in the opposite direction that it should have
been cut.  And - before you ask, there was not enough material left over
to cut a second one.  Talk about screaming etc......

John R. Fortiner

ps Newton - at least you could salvage your hammers.  In my case it meant
a completely new pinblock blank. From now on when I do that I ask my wife
to double check me - and yes, she has caught a couple of potential
"pinblock thrashers".  Perfect - NOT ME!