Stupid Things!

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 05 Aug 1999 17:36:20 -0400

Here is my stupid man trick.

I bored, tapered and shaped a set of hammers for a grand.  I was
fitting the hammers to the shanks when I realized I had bored the
middle section at the same right hand bore angle as the bass.

After I stopped kicking, screaming and swearing I took a careful look
and decided there was enough wood left to reshape the tails so I
plugged the holes, drilled them again using the inside flat for
orientation and reshaped the tails.  Worked well.  I learned to mark
my drilling fixtures with a BIG "B" and a BIG "T" so I would not do it
again, maybe.

Ok, now you can laugh.

		Newton