pianotech-digest V1997 #1866

Mark Wisner MWisner@yamaha.com
Thu, 05 Aug 1999 07:48:13 -0700

"Question:  How do the rest of you handle "no-shows"? You know, the
occasional people that make an appointment 50 miles away and aren't home
when you get there?"

I'd send out pre-printed reminder postcards (I'd fill in the day and time of the appt.) about 4 days before the appointment.  That helped a lot.  And when the appointment was made, I would mention, "And don't worry about being there at exactly the appointment time.  I usually carry some paint with me so if I'm there, and you're not, I'll keep busy by starting to paint your garage door for you since you are buying my time anyway".  Seemed to work, had very few no-shows and a very punctual customer base for a lot of years.  And never painted a drop.  Didn't even carry the stuff, to be honest.

Mark Wisner
Yamaha